Thursday, August 2, 2012

Franklin Barbecue!!! Austin, TX

Well, today's blog post takes us out of Houston and into Austin (but well worth it!)


 Franklin Barbecue is located at 900 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas.
                                                     My mom hanging out at the end at 10:20 am.

This BBQ restaurant is Franklin Barbecue and it is fantastic.  Let me start off by saying that the owner is/was a judge on Barbeque Pitmasters season 3 and is reason alone to try it.  I didn't go get it but my mom brought me home some to try. 

First, if you decide to try this place get there early- super early.  My mom got in line at 10:20 am for a restaurant that opens at 11 am and there were already about 50 people in front of her!  The reason for the line is that Franklin's opens their doors for lunch only and goes until they sell out of food.  Which, when my mom went last Thursday to try and order, they were sold out of food by 1 pm.  So, if you want to try this place get their early and take a book. 

Now for the food.  The brisket is what Franklin Barbecue is known for, and for good reason; it was the best brisket I have ever had.  It was sooooooooo juicy and moist and such great beef flavor.  If you only get the brisket, the wait is worth this alone.  However, they have a lot of other great meats too.  I also had the pork spare ribs, which were really savory and not sweet at all.  If you've never really had Texas BBQ, it is more salty and savory than sweet and fruity.  The ribs and pulled pork seemed to have the same salty, peppery rub on them, so if you prefer your pulled pork sweet make sure to get their sweeter bbq sauce to add onto it.  I really enjoyed their ribs; the pulled pork was great but I have had a little better elsewhere.


Last food that I ate were the sausages that are all nicely linked together.  Sausage was excellent and juicy; went great with their bbq sauce. 




 When your inline waiting, the butcher slicing the brisket will slip you a free slice to eat while you wait

Overall, if you are in the Austin area for a few days, or just one day, get there early and try it; it is definitely worth it.

5 out of 5 spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment